“I hold every man a debtor to his profession …
…..from the which as men of course do seek to receive countenance and profit, so ought they of duty to endeavour themselves by way of amends to be a help and ornament thereunto.”
Sir Francis Bacon, English Lawyer and Champion of Modern Science, 1561 – 1626
Board of Trustees Sets 2016 Budget
The Board of Trustees for the Florida Engineering Foundation continues to increase the Foundation’s support of engineering education by setting increased budget levels for FY 2016. The approved budget sets the following support levels for the Foundation’s main programs.
- $30,000 in support of 12 scholarships administrated by FES
- $8,000 in support of two FELI scholarships
- In addition FEF administers the funds in six named scholarship programs created by donors and the FEF matching funds program. Because the resulting scholarships are funded by these restricted funds they are not a budgeted amount but are part of the FEF support of engineering education.
- $12,000 to support the MATHCOUNTS program including a designated amount to recognize the coaches of the participating teams.
- The Foundation also administers approximately $50,000 in tax advantaged pass through donations on behalf of the MATHCOUNTS committee.
- ASCE Partnership – $5,000 in support of an ASCE designated program which historically has been the West Point Bridge Competition.
- Student Astronaut Challenge – $2,500 in support of this annual science completion for high school teams.
- Student Chapter Design Competition Support – $12,000 in support of eight student chapters at the university level.
- Miscellaneous Programs – $7,500 in support of various programs such as K-12 and State Science Fair.
The sum of this budgeted scholarship and program support totals $77,000 for this fiscal year. This amount continues the trend of a yearly increase in support of engineering education. Please help us in our quest of this support. Go to www.MyFEF.com and become a member.